Date(s) - 12/05/2018 - 13/05/2018
8:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sandford Mill Museum
Please read Terms and Conditions page before purchase:
Sandford Mill – Chelmsford – £36 – 12th May 2018
12th May 2018
A night with the team includes:-
- The use of the teams Ghost Hunting Equipment
- Expert advice and discussion about the paranormal
- Taking part in experiments including séances and glass divination using both scientific and traditional equipment
- Ghost Hunting Vigils in the dark
- Hot drinks are supplied through the night
- Spending the night at a haunted location
Please Note: we do not use Ouija boards.
History of Sandford Mill, Chelmsford
Sandford Mill, Chelmsford, Essex was originally a corn mill. The Mill building was constructed of timber and the mill stream ran underneath the centre of the building. The mill stream drove a large water wheel which provided the power for the mill. In 1880 a steam engine was installed to give additional power. Coal for the boiler came from Newcastle and was transported from Heybridge Basin to Sandford Mill by horse drawn barges.
In 1923 Chelmsford Corporation acquired the site for the new Borough Waterworks, construction began in 1926 and milling ceased. The corn mill was demolished but the two cottages which were built in 1905 were retained and are the only surviving part of the original mill. The new waterworks started operating in March 1929 although it was not officially opened until July 1930. The waterworks became redundant in 1984. All the buildings on site are now used by Chelmsford Museum.
Many of the children evacuees from London lived in the cottages surrounding the water works during the Second World War