Sandford Mill, Chelmsford – 12th May 2018 – £36

£36.00

History of Sandford Mill, Chelmsford


Sandford Mill, Chelmsford, Essex was originally a corn mill. The Mill building was constructed of timber and the mill stream ran underneath the centre of the building. The mill stream drove a large water wheel which provided the power for the mill. In 1880 a steam engine was installed to give additional power. Coal for the boiler came from Newcastle and was transported from Heybridge Basin to Sandford Mill by horse drawn barges.

In 1923 Chelmsford Corporation acquired the site for the new Borough Waterworks, construction began in 1926 and milling ceased. The corn mill was demolished but the two cottages which were built in 1905 were retained and are the only surviving part of the original mill. The new waterworks started operating in March 1929 although it was not officially opened until July 1930. The waterworks became redundant in 1984. All the buildings on site are now used by Chelmsford Museum.

Many of the children evacuees from London lived in the cottages surrounding the water works during the Second World War

18 in stock

Category:

Description

Sandford Mill – Chelmsford

12th May 2018

Ticket Price £36 Per Person

please check terms and conditions page before purchase

20 Spaces Available

A night with the team includes:-

  • The use of the teams Ghost Hunting Equipment
  • Expert advice and discussion about the paranormal
  • Taking part in experiments including séances and glass divination using both scientific and traditional equipment
  • Ghost Hunting Vigils in the dark
  • Hot drinks are supplied through the night
  • Spending the night at a haunted location

Please Note: we do not use Ouija boards.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Sandford Mill, Chelmsford – 12th May 2018 – £36”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *